In 1886, the year the first full-time official of the Institute was appointed, a joint office with the Scottish Educational News was opened in South St Andrews Street, Edinburgh. Larger premises were later rented at 40 Princes Street and then 34 North Bridge. In 1920 number 47 Moray Place was purchased. Moray Place was designed by Gillespie Graham and built in the early part of the nineteenth century. The Institute now own numbers 46, 47 and 48 Moray Place.